[thechat] College Final? Evolt Entrance Exam?

matthew garrett matthew.garrett at snet.net
Wed Jan 23 12:12:05 CST 2002

> From: Erika Meyer <emeyer at lclark.edu>

> who the hell drinks Pabst out of a bottle?

OK, reminds me of a couple of favorite lines about beer. From Robert Earl
Keen's live album - he's one of those fabulous singer songwriter bandleader
types from Texas.

Part of a very amusing, long story on moving back to Texas...

"Man, I haven't had a Schlitz beer since elementary school."

On the same album he sings a Terry Allen song that goes like this:

    I don't wear a Stetson
    but I'm willing to bet, son
    that I'm as big a Texan as you are.

    There's a girl in her bare feet
    asleep in the back seat
    and the trunk's full of Shiner Bock and Lone Star.

Anyway, i digress.

matt g.