[thechat] P.o.Ws - Thought this was interesting...

dave mclean dave at members.evolt.org
Mon Jan 28 23:14:00 CST 2002

On 2002.01.28 15:01, Ron White wrote:

> I personally would be more than happy for the US to stop playing world cop
> and spend more $$ at home. I think we need to get the homeless homes, the
> hungry fed and our kids educated before we go worrying about providing
> shelter, food and aid to other countries.

I think we all might be happier if countries spent more time focusing on
issues at home, but then where does that leave foreign aid?  I don't claim
to any of the answers, but it seems to me that the military might of any one
nation might be better served at home protecting its internal interests.

Things for *all* of us to think about (not just the Americans on this list):

How many children in your country are illiterate? How many adults?
How many people go a day or more without a proper meal?
How many people don't live in a place they can call home?
How many people in your country solve problems with violence?

How much has your government spent on defence as compared to education,
healthcare and social well being of its citizens?

-d

____
damclean 403.708.6215
dave at members.evolt.org