[thechat] Payscale was P.o.Ws

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Tue Jan 29 12:21:00 CST 2002

On 11:59 AM 1/29/2002, Erika Meyer said to me:
>Judah wrote:
>
>>It seems to me that the amount of money that a job pays is inversely
>>proportional to the amount of contact/service that they provide to other
>>humans.
>
>yes, I've noticed that as well.
>
>also, I know I'm opening a flaming can of worms here, but note which
>professions are traditionally held by women.... and how difficult
>they are... and how well they are compensated...

Um.  Policemen, Firemen?  High risk, low pay, huge service to other humans,
traditionally male.

I don't think this has anything to do with gender, but more about having a
self-sacrificial personality and helping others in need (to a point, of
course).  When you are self-sacrificial, you tend to speak up for yourself
less often, even to your own detriment.  It makes you very vulnerable.

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/

     If you save the world too often, it begins to expect it.