[thechat] cleaning up word

Shirley Kaiser skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Fri Feb 1 13:52:01 CST 2002

At 11:48 AM 2/1/2002, Rudy typed in response to Ron Luther:
> > I *now* have a much greater appreciation for all the folks that
> > have to 'clean up' MS Word  --> HTML generated documents!
>
>piece of cake
>
>1. open the document in word
>2. save as rtf
>3. open rtf file in arachnophilia
>4. save the html
>5. open html in dreamweaver
>6. strip out whatever tags you don't want
>7. save
>
>tada

Another alternative is to use HTML Tidy's setting to clean up MSWord's
HTML. Does it all in the click of a button and works really well. You can
also apply any number of settings or remove whatever, so it's fully
customizable. It's saved my sanity on many occasions, cleaning up all the
outrageous Word HTML in the blink of an eye.

Warmly,
Shirley

Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.,  SKDesigns  mailto:skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Web Site Design, Development     http://www.skdesigns.com/