[thechat] RE: Defining National 'Web Skills' - addendum

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Fri Feb 1 18:16:00 CST 2002

On Friday, February 1, 2002, at 07:21  pm, Luther, Ron wrote:

> I *now* have a much greater appreciation for all the folks that have to
> 'clean up' MS Word  --> HTML generated documents!
>
> Damn that's tedious!
>
> I had to delete over 3700 lines ... from what eventually became a 160
> line document!  I can understand a 'little' bloat - but that's insane!

Reasons *not* to 'upgrade' from Word97 to Word2k number 876...

I got to do these three:

http://www.easyweb.co.uk/morgan/lucy_story.html
http://www.easyweb.co.uk/morgan/anna.html
http://www.easyweb.co.uk/morgan/kylie_story.html

in quick succession.

After I made Lucy sit down and watch me slog through
the third one, she agreed to write all future pages using
Dreamweaver.

Cheers
Martin
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,