sensationalist news, music stuff (was Re: [thechat] Weird stories)

Shirley Kaiser skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Sat Feb 2 12:53:10 CST 2002

At 12:54 AM 2/2/2002, you typed:
>Two small airplanes flew over San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge
>8 times a night or two ago.... By the time the fighter jets got there the
>planes had disappeared. They reported that the two planes landed a bit down
>the coast at a small airstrip but that's all they knew.

Here's a follow-up story in the San Francisco Chronicle about the 2 planes
flying over the GG Bridge. So is the news just sensationalizing and trying
to make a story out of nothing, or is the FAA trying to downplay the
incident? Maybe we'll never know.
<http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2002/02/01/MN170859.DTL>

What matters more to me, though: if those 2 planes were up to no good,
would the jet fighters have reacted in time? Apparently the 2 planes were
in open air space and not in a restricted zone, so hopefully that's why
they didn't react more swiftly.

I don't anticipate finding out the bottom line unfiltered real story on
what that one was really all about.

Ah, well, back to my fun weekend.

I'm moving computers around and trying not to kill my neck in the process
this weekend. I was able to trade for a great Dell refurbished workstation
computer (woohoo~!) as the result of an unexpected rush project, so my now
"old" existing Dell Pentium III computer gets a new home with my
synthesizer (finally!). I hope to start composing and recording music into
the computer this year, including sound loops for multimedia, etc. I've
wanted to do this for ages and ages. Won't get much time to actually do
much with it until after April or May, but at least it's getting set up to go.

(For those reading this who don't know, my academic degrees are in music
and piano performance and I've been a professional performer, musician, and
composer nearly all my life. One of my goals has been to integrate my
passion for music into my web design, development business somehow and
eventually, so this is a step in that direction.)

Too bad I don't know even 1/10 of what djc knows about computers and parts,
but I hope to figure out enough here to get a decent setup that works for
networking my computers and accomplishing what I need to do. I may be
asking a few questions during the next few months when I snatch some time
between projects to work on this.

Wish me luck moving computers around and setting them up. Both my kids are
gone today so it's just me and my cocker spaniel. And my dog is the smart
one basking in the sunshine. ;-)

Warmly,
Shirley

Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.,  SKDesigns  mailto:skaiser1 at skdesigns.com