[thechat] Superbowl Ads

matt g. mrg at members.evolt.org
Mon Feb 4 12:59:00 CST 2002

> From: <martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com>

> The gateway argument is such crap - "All heroin users took cannabis
> so all cannabis users will go on to take heroin except by good fortune
> and early intervention". Now, swap "heroin users" for "Drunk drivers"
> and "cannabis" and "cannabis users" for "driving lessons" and "learner
> drivers" and you've got a powerful argument for banning people learning
> to drive... err...

Maybe cannabis just isn't synthetic enough. If a drug company invented a
product which had the same effects, it would probably be legal. The fact
that it is more tightly controlled than, oh... let's say... morphine, has
always puzzled me. And I'm not even a drug user.

matt g.

ER Nurse: Would you like some morphine?

Me: Um, no thanks. really, i'm good.

ER Nurse: Would you please take some morphine?
(read: "you're being a pain in our ass by not taking it")

Me: ok, but just this once. i don't want to feel too good - i mean, i'm in
the hospital and all... i'm *supposed* to be in pain. That's the way it
works, right?