[thechat] any evolters in California (speaking of beer-volts, cheese&wine-volts)?

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Tue Feb 5 12:26:00 CST 2002

Thanks Miriam, you made me realize I'd just pulled those lyrics off
the net and not paid attention to their accuracy...

Fact is that "Streets of Bakersfield" is a Buck Owens song, dammit.
Dwight Yoakam came along much later.

Buck Owens rocks.  I used to watch him on Hee Haw all the time.  Him
& his red white & blue acoustic, or tele.  Yes, he is the man.

I am from a little hick town (Eureka, CA) & so I do appreciate hick
towns (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Bakersfield+hick)...  I
did live in Vegas for a year, which is a big glittery hick town.  And
I am so glad I did that. (Note that I did not stay there forever...)

Yes I love & hate hick towns.

(Marlene, you could try wearing cowboy boots with your tie dye.)

Gotta love & hate California.

Erika