[thechat] New TV show from Junkyard Wars

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Wed Feb 6 11:37:01 CST 2002

I received a message on the Oregon Rally Group mailing list from the people
who created Junkyard Wars.  It seems they're putting together a new
rally-type show.  Thought you all might be interested.  It would be great
if there was evolt participation.

Judah
(message follows)

Hello, my name is Rich Hansil, and I'm a producer with RDF Media (makers
of Junkyard Wars on TLC). We're currently working on a new show that
your club members may be interested in. Our new show is a competition
to design and build the ultimate off-road vehicle from scratch, and then
subject it to hard-core testing and racing. We are giving teams from
all over the world one month and about $3000 to build their machines.
Hopefully, these will be really imaginative in design and should be able
to cope with a wide range of terrains. Selected teams and their
machines will be flown to England to race in an enormous arena, just
outside London. Basically, it's a chance to test your skills against
people from all over, and have a lot of fun in the process. Time is
creeping up on us, though - we would need to get applications and
videos in by February 15th.

The application is available on the website at:
http://www.ultimatemachinecombat.com If there any questions I can
answer for you, you can reach me at this email
(richard.hansil at rdfmedia.com) or at (818) 817-5200.

If you know of anyone else that you think would be qualified, please
feel free to pass this on to them.

Thanks
Rich Hansil
RDF Media (818)-817-5200