[thechat] 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon

Paul Cowan paul at wishlist.com.au
Thu Feb 7 17:34:00 CST 2002

> So, back to the point, and the rules are. . . ?

Good question. I don't think there's anything "formal" -- but I've always
thought that the consensus was:

- being in a movie is the only "real" Bacon link -- so as yet, Miriam's the
only really linked person here
- being in TV shows only is a bit of a fudge
- other relationships (like going to school with, living down the street
from, etc) are definitely cheating -- but still fun (and less of a 'cheat'
the closer you get -- so marriage is pretty close to good enough)

That aside, I can give myself (stealing Rudy's idea of TV shows you've been
on) a Bacon Number of 3:

*  Paul Cowan was on "The Weakest Link" (Australian TV quiz show) with
Cornelia Frances
* Cornelia Frances was in Queen's Guards, The (1961) with Elizabeth Shepherd

* Elizabeth Shepherd was in Criminal Law (1988) with Kevin Bacon

Or 4 (two ways):

* Paul Cowan was on "Sale Of The Century" (another Australian TV quiz show)
with Pete (V) Smith
* Pete (V) Smith was in Crackerjack (2002) with Dino Marnika
* Dino Marnika was in Queen of the Damned, The (2002) with Stuart Townsend
* Stuart Townsend was in 24 Hours (2002) with Kevin Bacon

or

* Paul Cowan was on "Sale Of The Century" with Nicky Buckley
* Nicky Buckley was in Under the Gun (1995) with Alan (I) King
* Alan (I) King was in Bonfire of the Vanities, The (1990) with Kevin (I)
Dunn
* Kevin (I) Dunn was in Stir of Echoes (1999) with Kevin Bacon

God bless game shows!

Cheers,

Paul