Athlete interviews... Re: [thechat] Olympics...

dave mclean dave at members.evolt.org
Tue Feb 12 20:33:01 CST 2002

On 2002.02.12 18:05, isaac wrote:

>> I expect folks who went to college, which most football and basketball
>> players have done, to be able to construct whole sentences. Not this
>> mishmash of grunts and unintelligible drivel that most of them spout.
>
> I would be surprised, based on her responses in interviews, if Cathy Freeman
> had even finished high school. She reminds me of a primary school kid.

Which begs the next question.  Did she get the same opportunities as a
middle-class suburban kid of European descent?  Cathy Freeman, for those of
you that don't know is Aboriginal Australian. Was she only given the
opportunity to shine (or become a public figure) because she was fast?

Not trying to bait you, I just don't know her history, that's all.

-d

____
damclean 403.708.6215
dave at members.evolt.org