[thechat] David Hasselhoff

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Wed Feb 13 15:10:01 CST 2002

>You're current Erika? ;-)

yes, I'm up-to-date on pop culture AND world politics, thanks to
Evolt's thechat. :-)

*holds up product, points to brand-logo, & smiles as if drugged...*

>>is there a 12-step program for that?
>
>Yes. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=television+12-step+program
>http://www.catholicity.com/cathedral/mccloskey/tvaddicts.html

I like the catholicity site.
Favorite bits include:

"Television is a dangerous substance, not unlike alcohol or a gun."

and

" If television is marijuana, then video games are heroin. Never has
so much time been wasted for so little."

Maybe someone should tell my daughter's Catholic after-school
program.  It is there that she was introduced to GameBoy and
Nintendo.  She would have been none the wiser, were it not for
Catholic after-school care...

Now that the cow's out of the barn, I figure the best I can do is
show her how to hitch up that tartan jumper, jump in, and wrestle the
controls away from those punk boys...

& ask forgiveness later, if necessary.