[thechat] the blogherd.

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Wed Feb 27 18:38:32 CST 2002

rudy wrote:
*this is a long quote, but it bears repeating*

>>Don't go by me man, I'm not part of the herd. I *like* it when I have
>>only linked to 1 or 2 of the top 40 on daypop or blogdex. If I have more
>>I start to feel strange about it.
>
> i know the feeling exactly
>
> not strange, exactly, rather more pathetic
>
> in fact, after posting a few popular links here on thechat a while back, i
> lamented
>
>     "see, these are items i would blog if i were a real blogger, but i
>      swore to myself that on my site, which i do not really consider a
>      true blog, i would not merely blog the same links that all the other
>      bloggers are blogging, i would save my site for truly unique or
>      original items -- quatsch of quality, as it were"

> to which you replied
>
>     "I think rudy, you're in what might be called 'blog denial.' ;-P"
>
> and then you added
>
>     "seriously though, I have the same issue of not wanting to be part
>      of the pack. A simple exercise is to avoid any kind of quiz result"
>
> with which i also agree

:-)

I dunno, but there *are* times when everyone is blogging about the same
thing. Or rather, lots of people are blogging about the same thing. The
critical thing for me is that I come up with my *own* take on it.

but in the end, my site is for me. that others dig (what few who do) is
gravy.

> although an evolt quiz might be fun...
>
> ... but who'd be aardvark?
>
> ;o)