[thechat] listiquette

Tamara Abbey abbey at abbeyink.com
Fri Mar 1 13:20:00 CST 2002

At 10:03 AM 3/1/2002 -0900, David McCreath wrote:
>>[snip]
>The appropriate format for messages to any of evolt's lists is plain
>text. I don't know much about Eudora anymore, but look in your
>preferences for the option to send out all your messages in plain text,
>or just leave your pulldown set to MIME. FWIW, I don't recall ever
>seeing a problem with the messages that you've sent to thelist, so I
>reckon you've got everything set the way it should be. :)

thanks -- I just see this all the time about text only.

I agree with it, I'm just not sure how to make it happen. I've been through
Eudora preferences and this is one of those things that has always made me
nuts since I don't _know_. Yeah, I know -- if it ain't broke...

>>Since there are problems on theList, I'm afraid to ask there, but how
>>should I be replying?
>
>Don't be afraid to ask things on thelist. We have occasional dust-ups
>there, but they always settle down. If you have a problem with a
>particular user's attitude, you can contact them offlist (which I have
>done in the past) or you can send a message to admin at lists.evolt.org and
>tell them. There is a crew of people (volunteers) who keep an eye on the
>language and topics of posts, but we, as a community, also have a
>history of self-policing.

I know it's a great list, and this may or may not be OT and I just didn't
think this was the week to venture into potential OT-land but it's also
kinda OT on this list -- ack!

>[snip]
>
>>. . . waiting for winter in Illinois . . .
>
>Maybe it got held up in Texas?

It's too weird to sit around and wait for 10+ inches of snow. The sun is
shining, the birds are chirping it's 27-degrees and we have a winter storm
warning. And, if it's coming from Texas then why dontcha'all just keep