[thechat] married computer nerds WAS: listiquette

Cheryl Baringer cheryl.baringer at alcatel.com
Fri Mar 1 15:52:48 CST 2002

After beginning our marriage years ago in very different careers, my
husband and I have both wound up managing and developing web sites. His
work environment favors ASP and NT, while mine is a UNIX environment.
Yes, we do have our "political discussions", ("NT crashes too much",
"UNIX is for geeks" ;>), but in reality we are both capable on both
platforms, and just try to use the correct tool for the job.

I'm not sure I'd want to work together all day, but it's nice to come
home to someone who understands EXACTLY what you've been stressing over
at the office.

And no, our computers are not in the same room at home.

But my 17-year-old son has begun to chat with me on IM more than he
talks to me.. while I'm across the hall! I suppose I should be grateful
that he talks to me at all, given the nature of the 17-yr-old male...

cheers!
Cheryl