[thechat] Developers without websites?

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Tue Mar 5 16:38:01 CST 2002

I was curious to see how many people on this list *don't* have their own
personal website.  I've been doing web development for going on 8 years
now and I gave up on a personal site in 1996.  I was too busy working on
sites for others and my own wasn't getting updated enough.  The web was
starting to catch on and people started asking me about my web site but
it was so horribly out of date that I finally just took it down.

I've routinely pondered bringing a site up again, but haven't actually
gotten around to it.  Anyone else out there not have a site?  I'd be
curious to see why.  Or maybe I'm just a freak who needs to drag himself
into the present (ok, no maybe about that).

And for those that do have a site, do you do it for yourself?  To
communicate with others?  Do you worry about keeping it current?

Judah