[thechat] Developers without websites?

Jack Hand jackhand at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 5 17:05:12 CST 2002

  I am primarily a mainframe programmer.  I have had a site on
Tripod for years.  It helps me get work.  It also helps me to
practice what I am learning via groups like this one.

  I am listed in Google.  I can direct recruiters to my site.
They can see that I am a professional.  I highly recommend that
anyone in the IT field get their own site.  It doesn't have to
be fancy.  Mine is straight HTML.  It doesn't have to cost much
money.  Mine on Tripod is free.

  Oh, and since last Friday was my last day on contract, I made
sure to update the site, to tell everyone that I am currently
looking.  And, I am getting responses.

     Jack