RCS vs. CVS (was RE: [thechat] listiquette)

Joel Canfield Joel at spinhead.com
Wed Mar 6 09:21:00 CST 2002

>> Would it be safe to ask a question about RCS vs. CVS?
>
>don't see why not
>
>not sure what those are, but if they're even mildly web
>related, the question would be okay

oh dear; rudy, if you think the Flash thread was heated, wait 'til you've
heard to *nix engineers go at it on this one. We lost two guys to head
injuries just last week. And they were only bystanders. The combatants
themselves generally wear some type of kevlar protective device to prevent
the shrapnel and flames from damaging their coding fingers.

>(cvs is some kinda version control system, right?)

Yep.

Hey Terry - toss this one out there and let's see what happens. I'll see if
I can get some feedback from our two camps as well. I'm known to be neutral
(for now) so both sides have granted me 'white flag' status ;)

joel