[thechat] a really beautiful, well-designed, intelligent and humourous website -- dieter.ca

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Thu Mar 7 16:22:01 CST 2002

That layout, and particularly the surf shot at the top, is very much
like a design idea I had once for http://www.seastorm.com... but I
never got the right photo so eventually I subbed the Japanese-style
gifs...

it's really cool to see how you implemented *my* idea. ;-)

actually, I wasn't clever enough to think about doing it in black & white...
though I do have a black & white page...
http://www.lclark.edu/~emeyer/ (photo taken in the music dept bathroom mirror).

seastorm.com is getting crusty.  I think I see barnacles growing.

I saw the thread about developers w/o Web sites... what about Web
designers with crusty old sites who are too damn lazy to update them?

***

oh, and on the MRI... nice brain.  Is that a hockey puck in there?

My daughter slipped in water fell & hit her head hard at 4 years old
& screamed & screamed & then passed out drooling,  yes we had our own
CAT scan adventure... them making us wait in the waiting room & me
flipping out as I'm sure she's brain-hemmoraging insisting we see a
doctor ASAP... andthen she's all asleep and then they IV drug her and
the sedatives actually WAKE  HER UP... and she had those pix and also
pancake-shaped slicey pix of her brain...

turns out she was fine.

and so she took her brain pix to preschool for show & tell
...but only because she doesn't have her own web site.

Erika