[thechat] networking fun and a stupid question

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Sun Mar 10 05:15:00 CST 2002

>--- Tony Crockford <tonyc at boldfish.co.uk> wrote:
>> This is a lot easier to set up than Windows internet
>> sharing.
>
>Now come on, be fair. Windows internet sharing isn't that
>hard to set up. ;)
>
>(I wonder whether losing over 3 hours of my life to setting
>up stupid internet sharing is worth it? or whether I can
>get microsoft to pay me back? heh)
>
>Lach

AnalogX proxy installs, runs and internet shares just as soon as you
set the use proxy server in your browser.

Windows internet sharing was very hit and miss for me, trying to get
win95, win98SE and win2000 boxes sharing one connection using
Windows Internet Sharing was a struggle to say the least. (I gave
up!)

The only other note of caution is if you're using Zonealarm, you
need to tell it about the IP addresses of machine on your network
before it will let them connect.

Security:Advanced tab: add machines to your local zone.

Good luck