[thechat] good, no-spyware replacement for Napster?

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Mon Mar 18 13:40:00 CST 2002

On 01:17 PM 3/18/2002, Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns said to me:
>My daughter is wondering what a good replacement is for Napster AND one
>that doesn't have any spyware (unlike KaZaa - what a nightmare) lurking
>secretly. I won't allow anything like that on any of my computers.

There's a pretty comprehensive list of file sharing clients on various
networks listed at:

<http://www.afternapster.com/>

But, their site seems hosed right now, so try:

<http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:mzv__VdmC_UC:www.afternapster.com/+After+Napster&hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1>

Personally, I use an Open Source client for Audio Galaxy (called Open AG X)
because there aren't many options available for Mac OS X, and AudioGalaxy
refuses to release a Mac client.

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/

     If you save the world too often, it begins to expect it.