[thechat] Re: more pictures of Anchorage

mccreath mccreath at ak.net
Thu Mar 21 02:34:03 CST 2002

> > The only thing that I'm not crazy about is that I
> > can't seem to set a lower default resolution. Most of
> > the time, I'd be just as happy shooting at 1024 x 780.
> > Of course, with that 128 meg card, it's not a big
> > deal.
>
> I find that the issue with shooting at higher res isn't the
> storage most of
> the time but the delay in saving the image.
>
> I'm sure your camera has multiple sizes. Have you RTFM? :)

Shya ... I've RTFM. And I can set 14 different sizes. I haven't figured out
how to change the *default* rez. Every time I turn the camera on, it starts
out at 1600 x 1200, no matter where I set it before I turn it off. I want to
figure out how to make it start out at 1024 x 768, then bump it up to 1600 x
1200 if I feel the need.

And TFM is a paltry little pamphlet. I have hardly done any real research,
though. I'm sure there must be a way to do it.

David

[ mutter mutter have *I* RTFM ... oh, I GOT your FM right here! ... ;) ]