[thechat] Virtual Keyboard

dave mclean dave at members.evolt.org
Fri Mar 22 11:37:01 CST 2002

On 2002.03.22 03:33, martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com wrote:

> I've had a look at the Treo (in all the UK airport shops), and it *looks* like
> you're going to be missing the Springboard port and will have a non-standard
> connector so it won't fit into cradles (which would also render Targus
> keyboards a bit useless). Also, the IR port is either missing or non-obvious.

Martin, if you have time, you can watch the demo of the phone over at
handspring.com.  It does actually have the IR port.  It's at the top of the
device.  It also is a pretty small device.  Something that many people are
concerned about when integrating a PDA and a phone... no one wants a giant
phone, and no one wants a pda so small they can't read things.

I think you're right about the dock attachment. But I'm sure Targus will
eventually make a keyboard for it. I don't remember seeing any mention of
Bluetooth, but that would be a handy addition.  There's also a model with a
full keyboard in it, but it's small and gets rid of the stylus graffiti
area.

But the best part; it's coming to Canada! Bell Mobility is picking up the
device for their network.  So if your a Canadian in the market for a
PDA/phone this might be worth a look.

-d

____
damclean