[thechat] Mozilla and JRE

Joxn joxn at vernum.com
Sun Mar 24 13:44:01 CST 2002

Hey folks,
I don't know why, but for some reason I can't get Mozilla 0.9.9 (or
0.9.8) to work together with the Java Runtime Environment 1.3 as I used
to do.

I visit http://www.viewsydney.com/index3.htm and get the missing plugin
link, so I click on it to install a handler for x-java-vm, it installs
everything just fine. I restart Mozilla and even tried to reboot
Windows, but with no luck.

It works fine with Linux and it used to work fine with Windows, too. I
had to reformat this computer, but I was using Mozilla with Java before
and never had problems.

Is there something that I could set up under prefs->helper application
by hand? Or any other Java VM that I could try?

TIA,
bye Joxn
--
    || //\\ \\// |\\||  ::  joxn at vernum.com  ::