[thechat] 2002 NBL Awards - my brother is a finalist!

Isaac Forman isaac at triplezero.com.au
Mon Mar 25 18:30:00 CST 2002

The NBL is Australia's basketball equivalent to the NBA. The quality of play
is not quite at the same level (nor are the salaries!), but along with the
European leagues, it is said to be one of the top leagues on the planet.

Anyway, the 2002 Awards Finalists have been announced, and my brother (Oscar
Forman, 20) has been listed as one of the 5 finalists for Rookie of the
Year:

http://www.nbl.com.au/www/newsdetail.asp?LID=722

For those who don't know his recent history, he took a scholarship at the
Australian Institute of Sport for one year, before turning down a
scholarship with LMU (http://www.lmu.edu/), to sign a contract with our
local team (Adelaide 36ers).

His competition for the award includes a few players who are 5 years older
and who've had the 4 years of tough experience that a college scholarship
provides. He's likely to get 4th position in the polling.

Regardless, he's had a quality first season and I'm very proud! :)

His (uninformative) profile on NBL.com.au is here:
http://www.nbl.com.au/www/website_showprofile.asp?pid=21&imgid=196&Oid=15

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au