[thechat] Trojan

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Fri Mar 29 15:37:01 CST 2002

Despite having Zone Alarm my computer caught a Backdoor Trojan last night.
Nortons anti-virus picked it up but was unable to delete, quarantine or
disinfect the files. To solve this I had to go into DOS and delete the
files, and I feel extremely proud of myself  for fixing it :)
I am still a bit worried that there is a malicious program hiding somewhere
on my computer, something that could be used in a DoS attack. Any ideas on
how I could go about checking for this? Also, any ideas on why Zone Alarm
failed to stop the Trojan in the first place?

Cheers

Kevin Stevens
kjs at ratking.co.uk