[thechat] I killed elvis

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Sat Mar 30 17:47:01 CST 2002

> err, no -- the os was on the dead drive. So, I thought I would reincarnate
> it as a linux server now that I've had one whole week of experience with
linux.

Yeah, I did a similar thing with my old puter. One thing I did notice was
that it had to totally re-configure the hard drive, which was a FAT 32
formatted drive. The distro I used is Mandrake 8.1 and it did all the
re-configuring for me so I'm not sure exactly what went on but maybe one of
the Linux gurus could be of some assistance if that is the problem.

Kevin Stevens
kjs at ratking.co.uk