[thechat] Windows problem: autocomplete cache can't be emptied

s t e f notabene at members.evolt.org
Wed Apr 3 08:32:00 CST 2002

[[ Ben Henick -- 03:24 03/04/02 -0600 ]]
>In the morning (I'm in Portland) I'm going to be doing a quickie tech
>support moment for a prospect who can't clear their AutoComplete (Run
>dialog) by clearing their History.
>
>My immediate impression is that this is due to a corrupt registry entry.
>
>For that matter, where are the AutoComplete settings found in Windows
>(apart from the registry)?
>
>Does anybody have experience with this problem?

I've had this kind of problem once. I just launched regedit, then looked
for one of the last entries in the "run" dialog, and found 16 keys that I
could delete. I just looked into my registry and it seems like it's in
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU and in
HKEy_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU
if you use like me a non-profile config.

HTH

s t e f

q u o t e o f t h e d a y :

There's an old proverb that says just about whatever you
want it to.