[thechat] Astigmata

Andy Warwick mailing.lists at creed.co.uk
Thu Apr 4 15:52:00 CST 2002

| On 2002/04/04, Ben Dyer said:

> On 01:50 PM 4/4/2002, Judah McAuley said to me:
> >I've got pretty bad eyesight, but fortunately my eyesight stopped
> >getting worse when I stopped growing.
>
> Lucky you. :)
>
> >In contrast to your +0.25 +0.75, my perscription is -3.50 -3.75
>
> Jeez.  I feel blind.  I'm something like -4.25 -5.25.

Ha, nothing.

Mine are -6.0, -6.5

Slight astigmatism in the left eye, but not enough to mean I can't wear
contacts.

Been like that since I was about 8, discovered when I couldn't read the
chalkboard from the back of the class. Sitting at the front + glasses,
it was inevitable I was going to be a geek :)

Worn contacts now for about 16 years.

Without glasses or contacts it's not so much as "can you read the chart
on the wall", more a case of "can you see the wall..."

Andy W