[thechat] Re: [thelist] was [***chat] Mirroring (with tip)

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sat Apr 6 02:33:00 CST 2002

On Saturday, April 6, 2002, at 03:04  am, Joe Crawford wrote:

>> btw is that a manual mirror, or is it done programmatically?
>> (asking because I want to mirror my staging server (Zope, content
>> managed) up to my production box (static HTML with a few CGIs
>> for run-time fun))
>

> hey Martin, you could cron a curl <http://curl.haxx.se/> task to ftp
> your stuff up to the production box. curl is very slick!

Couple of problems:
1) In Zope, everything's in an OO db so it's not *quite* so simple as
     locate the files in the FS and ftp. Zope *can* pretend to be a FS
     using ftp or WebDav, but that makes it a 2 step process.
2) From the FAQ: Curl is not a web site mirroring program.

Cheers
Martin
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,