[thechat] Frivolous lawsuit

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Sat Apr 6 10:04:00 CST 2002

At 8:06 AM -0500 4/5/02, Kath wrote:

>I also read about a car dealership suing someone who criticized their
>service on a bulletin board.  Don't have the details, but it was a
>dealership down south in Georgia, I think.

Yeah, a VW dealership in Atlanta (Jim Ellis) was suing VWVortex and a
poster on the board. I think it went away after the overwhelming
support from enthusiast community at large (not just the VW guys)
washed in and threatened to destroy the company.

It's an amazing thread. 35 pages long. It's actually worth flicking through.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=52126

The little guy won.

bob

--