[thechat] Journals (was Re: Things are looking up)

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Sat Apr 6 12:39:01 CST 2002

s t e f wrote:

> You know, what bothers me when talking with you all is that I feel that the
> day my new site is online, almost none of you will be able to read it. It's
> in french.
>
> What's the use for a global network if we don't have a global language?

You mean you've never babelfish'd your site? It's the first thing I did
when I visited (given that my French is limited to a few absurd and/or
obscene phrases). Of course, babelfish-English (and probably the other
babelfish-eses as well) is a dialect unto itself, which requires some
translation, but it's better than nothing.

Congrats & good luck, Marlene! Don't forget us when you're... ummm...
rich and famous, or whatever one gets when one has a job at Google. Even
us 'volters who took a year off from webbing to lurk could use a good
word with the geek-gods.

P.S. Can we, as members of this community, morph into a giant robot as
"Evoltron", or does it pose serious copyright infringement issues? This
only just now occurred to me, though I'm sure it's been discussed
previously. Please advise.

--

David Wagner

(Who still lacks a serious blog, journal, or other notable site
since he gave up his manually updated college-years ramblings
which were rather pathetic)

dave at worlddomination.net