[thechat] How much is my computer worth?

deke web at master.gen.in.us
Sat Apr 13 14:50:00 CDT 2002

On 11 Apr 2002 at 13:15, Beau Hartshorne posted a message which said:

> Dell Dimension 8100
> 1.3ghz P4 (mobo will support up to 2ghz)
> 768m PC800 RDRAM
> 3-port FireWire Card (Dell)
> 32m GeForce2 GTS (Dell)
> Samsung DVD
> PlexWriter 12/10/32A
> 40g Maxtor Drive
> Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Used computers go cheap, even if they have that much RAM. Other than
for that last component, I'd say $400-500. But sheesh, if the beach is
nice, you might need to shift the decimal point two, three, maybe even
four places.

deke

*Any great truth can -- and eventually will -- be expressed as a cliche
-- a cliche is a sure and certain way to dilute an idea. For instance,
my grandmother used to say, "The black cat is always the last one off
the fence." I have no idea what she meant, but at one time, it was
undoubtedly true. --
                       Solomon Short