[thechat] Classics of the web!

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Mon Apr 15 15:10:01 CDT 2002

>-- hamsterdance

Oh, you got me going now.

1.  I have often wondered about the "p" in hampster.

This does not satisfy me:
http://www.hampsterdance2.com/p.html
I think that there is something they are not telling me.

2. Much like a mini-series that has gone on far too long,
hampsterdance is but a a shadow of it's former self.  It has lost all
of the pure annoying simplicity that made it famous.

It's no longer hungry, but fat, comfortable... and for goodness sake
done with FLASH! Puh-leez.  The author clearly didn't understand what
made her page cool.

There are some things animated gifs and background *should* be used
for, dammit.
And one of them is making stuff that is cute but terribly annoying.

multiple popups may indeed be annoying, but are still no substitute
for the bouncy gif/background midi combo.

Now, in comparison, *this* is a web site!!!
http://members.tripod.com/~LostDreamers/rainbow.html

it has:

- free stuff
- stolen stuff
- multiple animations
- a hit counter
- a banner saying "Welcome to my Home Page"

no background midis, but that's okay.

same author:
http://members.tripod.com/~LostDreamers/gifs.html

F*ck hampsterdance.