[thechat] ATA drives for Mac?

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Wed Apr 17 09:09:00 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "dave mclean" <dave at members.evolt.org>
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 2:19 AM
Subject: Re: [thechat] ATA drives for Mac?

> [hard drive snippage]
>
> I have some Maxtor drives.  Same thing as Quantum.  Like Bob said, I'd
stay
> away from WD and Fujitsu... based on anecdotal experience.

Fujitsu! Flee! Flee!

I've lost two of the bastards - one 10 gig which started seriously klunking
(but i managed to disk image and back out to a brand new 20 gig), and a 30
gig whose power supply decided it wanted fried, and I have 30 gig of data
sitting I can't get at :(

Seriously unimpressed with Fujitsu drives ... I've settled for Seagate SCSI
and IBM or WD IDE ... I've only had good experiences with them.

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'