[thechat] Plane crash in Milan

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Thu Apr 18 20:33:01 CDT 2002

An account from someone in Milan (MSN messenger convo):

Nick says:
tell me about that plane!
Dave says:
yeah, fuck hey?
Dave says:
2 blocks from my studio.  Heard the bang.
Dave says:
saw the smoke
Nick says:
christ
Dave says:
It was no accident.
Dave says:
There were fucking helicopters everywhere BEFORE it happened..
Dave says:
plus, the fucking plane did 2 loops of the city before it hit Milan's only
skyscraper smack in the middle.  Yeah, that's an accident.
Dave says:
the only fucking skyscraper...
Dave says:
most importantly, the fucking thing exploded and blew out the other side of
the building.  If a plane of that size was arriving from Locarno, then it
was empty, no fuel.
Nick says:
"The pilot was named as Gino Fasulo, 68 and retired. He was an experienced
pilot, having logged 5,000 hours of flying time."
Dave says:
interesting..
Nick says:
"His Piper Air Commander plane had taken off from Locarno, Switzerland, and
was headed for Milan's Linate airport when he veered off course."
Dave says:
but I don't buy it.
Nick says:
what is in that buiding? trade?
Dave says:
there was a wierd smell of chemicals, like explosives in the air as well.
It took out 3 floors and the opposite side of the building...  Christ it was
only a 4 seater.
Nick says:
BOOM
Dave says:
the building is the economic symbol of Milan, and houses the regions
business/government offices.  Again, coincidence.
Dave says:
smells, dude.
Nick says:
indeed it does
Dave says:
yeah.  We've had problems recently with local terrorism.  a crew called the
Red Brigade.  They've been around since the sixties.  Plus there's the black
block - against globalisation.