[thechat] France and the elections: shameful

s t e f stef at nota-bene.org
Sun Apr 21 13:27:01 CDT 2002

Hello all.

I'm french, as many of you know.

I'm sorry if it's not the place to vent out my feelings, but hey, we're a
community, right?

We just learnt at 8PM that there will be no left-wing candidate in the
second turn of the elections.

Jean-Marie Le Pen, well-known fascist (torturer during the Algerian war,
hate-monger), is second. First is Jacques Chirac. The news aren't confirmed
yet since votes haven't been all verified yet.

I'm ashamed of my country, people. Sad and ashamed.

Sorry to have disturbed your sundays... :-(