Montreal ... [thechat] toronto phoons

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Mon Apr 22 14:22:01 CDT 2002

[thechat] toronto phoons
Nicole P thechat at lists.evolt.org
Mon Apr 22 14:07:03 2002
----

Oh man.. I can't write using phonetics, especially not in English..

----

>From the Torontonian .. soon to be the Ottawaian?  (damn that doesn't look
right)

Montreal

English:

mon-tree-all
mon ryhmes with son (but not as hard on the "n" .. the emphasis is on the
"t")

French:  (phonetically in English .. and a Torontonian accent)

moe-ray-ell

I'm probably way off ... but it was fun to try.  Back to packing I go.

Nicole, btw, how far is Montreal from Ottawa?  and Quebec City?  (My Eastern
geography sucks .. will be learning it all damn quick tho.)

Mich