[thechat] razorfish wishes

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Mon Apr 22 23:17:00 CDT 2002

on 4/22/2002 9:01 PM, Seb Potter at seb at members.evolt.org wrote:

> Razorfish: noun - An internet company in the late 1990s, famed for
> burning through vast amounts of investment capital without producing
> anything to realise a return on the investment.
>
> Razorfish: verb - To start a business, attracting huge amounts of
> capital and media hype, employing hundreds of people, and then to
> disappear without trace before the frenzy subsides. Usage - "Did you
> hear about the company the Seb used to work for?", "Yeah, I hear they
> did a real Razorfish."

Actually, they just *shock* *disbelief* turned a profit.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ri/020417/tech_razorfish_1.html

The fact that their stock then doubled should be an indicator that we all
would like to return to the days when valuations were utterly and totally
nutzoid rather than just wacky -- and more to the point, we'd all like to
pretend that we /can/ go back to the 'internet era'.

Of course it's chilling out again:
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=razf&d=t

In the meantime, I'd just like more of my buds to have and keep stable
paying work.

    - Joe <http://artlung.com/blog/>