[thechat] Is it safe to assume Quebecois speak English?

Sean ethanol at mathlab.sunysb.edu
Wed Apr 24 14:42:01 CDT 2002

Howdy,

I'm heading up to Quebec City in a few months and don't speak a lick of
French.  For the eVoltians from and/or familiar with the area, how
prevalent is English?  I'll probably spend most of my time in the hotel
or doing a few touristy things.

Not that I plan on learning French before then, but I'd like to have an
idea what to expect.  So far the folks I spoke with (making
reservations, etc.) answered the phone in French but spoke English.

Also, I've heard Quebec has a great AHL arena.  Any ideas when the
2002-2003 schedule will be announced?

Merci!

Sean G,