[thechat] Sort order issues in Win98 resolved

Ben Henick persist1 at io.com
Thu Apr 25 00:38:01 CDT 2002

My last cry for help to thechat had to do with sort order problems in
Windows Explorer and dialog boxes subsequent to installing IE5.5 SP2; I
finally got fed up and went to support.microsoft.com, thinking that I was
going to spend several minutes or hours ploughing through the Knowledge
Base to find the solution to my difficulties.

As it turns out, it was easy.  (That'll go teaching me to always expect
the worst from M$.)

In case anyone's curious, the solution was in fact arcane.  For those who
want the lowdown, the reference number for the issue is Q233526.

--
Ben Henick
Web Author At-Large              Managing Editor
persist1 at io.com                  bmh at digital-web.com
--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain, but... (snort) no, no, it's too stupid."