[thechat] I know, I keep sending these...

dave mclean dave at members.evolt.org
Thu Apr 25 23:37:00 CDT 2002

But this one really hits home for me.

-d

------ Forwarded Message
From: quotationoftheday_request at yahoo.ca (Quote of the day editor)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 05:55:06 -0400
Subject: Quote of the day for April 24, 2002

"We [Canadians] are great friends when we kick in to help, we provide a
 great place to land airplanes when the skies are closed in the midst
 of a world crisis and we are valuable trading partners when we have
 something to offer.  It's appreciated when we provide comfort and
 support in an hour of need.  And there are certainly worse neighbours
 beside whom we might be stuck.

"None of that, though, ought to be confused with a two-way street, never
 mind that it takes a bunch of yobs at a basketball games to bring the
 point home."

 - sportwriter Stephen Brunt on the one-sided expectation of respect
   demonstrated by Americans.  The home-town audience at a Detroit
   Pistons basketball game against the Toronto Raptors booed the
   Canadian national anthem last Sunday.  Canadians, already outraged
   by the death of four Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan after being
   bombed by an American pilot and the lackadaisical apology offered
   by President George W. Bush, were further angered by the incident.

------ End of Forwarded Message

____
damclean 403.708.6215
dave at members.evolt.org