[thechat] I know, I keep sending these...

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Fri Apr 26 01:11:01 CDT 2002

dave mclean wrote:

> The home-town audience at a Detroit
> Pistons basketball game against the Toronto Raptors booed the
> Canadian national anthem last Sunday.

I <strike>went</strike> was forced to go to a Gulls game like - 2 years ago?
And was stunned that the crowd /booed/ the visiting team.

Now, I'm 32 years old. And I don't care for sports. But I know enough to
know that you don't boo at the opposing team. You boo bad behavior and bad
calls. But the opposing team should not get booed. It just seemed like bad
manners.

I suppose booing another country's national anthem is some kind of extension
of that. :-(

I think it's a kind of HowardStern/ProWrestling-ization of the culture. Our
enemies deserve no benefit of the doubt, no respect, only derision and
booing and declarations that their asses will get kicked.

Whatever happened to "how you play the game?"

    - Joe <http://artlung.com/>