[thechat] Handhelds as gifts

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Sun May 5 20:16:00 CDT 2002

My sister is getting married next weekend and I'd like to get the
bride and groom matching handhelds. They're both entering college
next year, so I figure they'd get a lot of use out of them.

My problems are:

1. I know nothing about what handhelds might me most useful to students
2. I know nothing about the pricing of handhelds
3. I still haven't gotten my brother, whom I have met once, a wedding
gift for he and his wife, and I don't think they'd either get much
use out of handhelds
4. I know nothing about handhelds

So questions:

1. What handhelds might be most useful to students?
2. Am I crazy for thinking I might be able to get something decent
for $200 or less a piece?
3. Under $300 a piece?
4. What would be an equally cool gift to get my brother and his wife?
They live on a hobby farm and I think my brother does construction.
They don't have a computer ... I don't think.
5. How the hell am I going to find time to dry clean my suit, buy new
shoes, wash clothes, get hotel reservations for the trip out there,
find someone to feed my cat and see Spiderman ... before Thursday?

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/

Through June 15