[thechat] Responsible public list practices

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Tue May 7 15:03:01 CDT 2002

On Tuesday, May 7, 2002, at 08:53  pm, Seb wrote:

> Until such time as those few who make decisions regarding mailing list
> management realise the social impact of their decisions, I will no
> longer
> be able to contribute to any list that allows non-subscriber posting.
>
> Unfortunately, at this time this precludes me from thelist, thesite, and
> until I receive further information to the contrary, theforum and
> thechat.

If members of this list are generally of the opinion that non-subscribers
shouldn't be able to post to thechat, I'll happily enable that option.

AFAIK the last time I brought it up, the main objections were from people
who wanted to follow lists via the web archive and post without
receiving the list as emails. As I pointed out then, this is possible
by being subscribed and having your address set to 'nomail'.

Cheers
Martin
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,