[thechat] Re: [Theforum] Responsible public list practices

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue May 7 15:20:16 CDT 2002

> From: Seb <seb at members.evolt.org>
[...]
> Until such time as those few who make decisions regarding mailing list
> management realise the social impact of their decisions, I will no
> longer be able to contribute to any list that allows non-subscriber
> posting.
[...]

seb... i understand where you are coming from...

i have received a number of offlist posts today from people asking
me to put the pressure on again -- mostly because they've felt their
concerns were glossed over in favor of "gee-whiz"... many of them
have never commented because they've seen it dismissed in the
archives...

they also contacted me because they know i closed theforum
down...

so, until this all gets straightened out (and i do agree with you, as
you can see in today's post to thesite at
http://lists.evolt.org/thesitearchive/2002-May/005352.html, which,
ironically, is on approval-only because of a mail-bomb), all i can do
is assure you that theforum is *closed* to non-subsribers...

spam has already been caught and tossed away that otherwise
would have made it to theforum...

so far, it seems to be working quite well...

so please, feel free to consider theforum list safe, until i am proven
wrong...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself