[thechat] +1 subscribers only

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Wed May 8 03:32:00 CDT 2002

On Wednesday, May 8, 2002, at 09:19  am, George Dillon <> Chat! wrote:

> SO... we go subscriber only... yes, but what happens when the p0r*
> subject
> arrives... automatically block the sender?

Yes - for a while at least. But blocked submissions don't just get
dumped,
they get held and a human (me) reviews them and rejects or approves them

Worst case if a member's address is hijacked? Their posts take a wee
while to be approved.

Plus, I imagine, members of this list are slightly more likely than the
average populace to have effective, up to date, anti-virus software,
and somewhat less likely to use software targeted by virus writers
(windows/outlook).

Cheers
Martin
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,