[thechat] Can somebody Guess this Song?

s t e f notabene at members.evolt.org
Wed May 8 06:06:01 CDT 2002

<who="Syed Zeeshan Haider" when="06:07 08/05/02 +0500">
>genre can be good or bad. I like good music and genre doesn't matter but
>song and it's melody matters. Let me introduce you a genre popular among
>moderate religious people of Pakistan. That genre is Qawwali. Qawwali is
>a song related to religion and it was invented by Ameer Khusro. We had
>two prominent names in Qawwali singers, Aziz Mian and Nusrat Fateh Ali
>Khan. Unfortunately, both are dead. Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan experimented
>in Pop and Classical (of Pakistan) also and became popular in Europe and
>Far East countries also. Qawwali is my favourite as genre.

Syed, here I'm not kiddind: i _love_ the internet exactly for the kind of
post you just emailed here. We abolish frontiers with the internet and
communicate and learn so much more than simple web dev things.

Thank you for enlightening us in Qawwali music.

Do you know where one could find one or two mp3s just to learn how it
sounds? (we westerners are, I'm afraid, mostly listening to western pop
mostly).

(Side note to all our copyright friends from the legal dept somewhere in
the basement: I'm not advocacing the use of mp3s as it is, I'm still buying
about one music CD a month, but I like to hear music because I buy it most
of times ---except with Tori Amos which I buy eyes closed, of course.)