[thechat] Re: Big stupid plea.

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Wed May 8 17:23:00 CDT 2002

hi rudy!

>oh, and erika?  you're trolling

what???

>some of your comments are egregiously sexist --
>
>        ah, how you poor men struggle to understand us.  Men make
>        this huge mistake of thinking all women are the same.  They find
>        something that works for one and try to apply it to the next... alas.

okay, maybe a little troll, when you point it out that way.

but all in good humor...

and in the context of his Dad's "theory" (and I quote):
"His theory is that women will recoil when chased."

That to me looks like it is a theory about "all women" -- so my
comment was directed to Dad's theory, which btw is not the first time
I've run into such thinking.  IOW: "(All) women are like x or y or z"

So I'm saying *maybe* (all) men are that simple (tho I think not) BUT
I know (all) women are not so simple.

Make sense?

>        I do feel for you men.  Men get programmed one way (work,
>        make a living, be strong, career advancement, etc) and they think
>        that the rest will follow.  But then their woman isn't happy and
>their
>        wondering what's going on?
>
>as i said, that's trolling, and i ain't biting

I was speaking in general terms and in that case did not mean to
implicate all men. So that was badly worded.   Please replace "men"
with "some men."  And understand, I've watched many many many
marriages and relationships fail when a woman isn't happy / feels she
can't get her needs met, and the man *can't understand* why?

Sometimes, by that point that a guy knows something is seriously
wrong, it is too late.  She's emotionally moved on.  Maybe it's a
communication failing between a woman who either doesn't know what
she wants/needs, or else isn't direct about what she wants/needs.  Or
her needs have changed. I'm just talking about when women "suddenly"
decide to end a relationship.

In my case, my needs changed drastically when my baby was born
(during pregnancy, actually), and my man didn't have a clue how to
deal with it.  So he didn't deal with it.  He buried himself in other
stuff, and the relationship deteriorated accordingly.

This is all my experience-based opinion.   What I've experienced,
what I've seen, and my thoughts on it.

It's not like I have any psychological degrees.

>maybe your bitterness

I'll let that go.

>is because you just haven't hooked up with the right
>guy yet (for example, i absolutely love housework and looking after kids

Quit it.  Rascal.

Erika