[thechat] Big stupid plea... Kenya

David McCreath mccreath at ak.net
Thu May 9 17:05:11 CDT 2002

Garrett Coakley wrote:

> On Thu, 9 May 2002 12:10:39 -0700 Erika Meyer <emeyer at lclark.edu> wrote:
>
>>Hey, how about 12-step groups?
>
> 12-bar group surely?

Hm. I've been thinking it should be "2-step group", but that's just the
Texan in me.

> G. "only has one guitar, a Fender Tele... but loves it to bits"

One is all you need, despites what these sad, addicted individuals will
tell you.

I've been in several bands, and recorded with three of them [old school
hardcore (ca. 1983), techno-metal (kinda like Big Black or Ministry),
and country]. All on one guitar, a Gibson SG Special (the double cutaway
body that you could occasionally see Mick Jones of the Clash playing,
not the Angus Young SG). It has a single humbucker on the bridge, with a
tone control taped down at "10" and a volume control that rarely leaves it.

Now if I were to ever buy a second electric, it'd be a Tele. Everyone
who I've ever considered a musical role model played one.

David "sold my amp when I moved to alaska, and now I'm in the market"